interesting read , but for those who want a snapshot, read this:
- The Millennials have much less brand loyalty and are more willing to engage in different distribution models to find food. This generation is not afraid to purchase food online and to look outside of the traditional grocery store to find what they want. Boomers on the other hand were more brand loyal and shopped at the grocery store for everything.
- Millennials are less married to the ‘one stop shop’ concept of grocery store shopping.
- Specialty (ethnic, organic / natural, and fresh) sellers – in shops and online – will benefit from changes in preference.
- Branded processed food manufacturers will be “losers” in the new food paradigm.
- Millennials – while focused on paying as little as possible for products – are also much more willing to pay more for specific attributes in food, such as organics / natural, ethnic and specialty foods.