"Walmart is testing a program that invites consumers to send Walmart a photo of a grocery receipt from a Walmart competitor. Within a couple of days, Walmart responds with a calculation of how much the consumer would have saved at its stores."
Would be better if it were instant... but interesting how WM is going after competitive retailers
Click on the link to see ithe video on how this works
- Only for exact SKU matches on grocery, health & beauty, and consumables products
- Private labels and random weigh items (e.g. fresh produce) are not applicable.
- Receipts must be less than seven days old, and must contain at least 10 items.
- Compared to “most major” grocery stores, drug stores, and mass merchandiser in participating markets.
- Comparisons will include specials and loyalty card savings, but coupons are excluded.